General Exclusions in Alleanza Health Plans
The following are excluded from all plans: –
l. Provision of prostheses and medical devices
2. Cosmetic surgeries or procedures and all other cosmetic treatment
3. Complex surgeries e.g., organ transplant, neurosurgery, heart surgery, correction of congenital malformations, etc
4. Correction of congenital birth defects
5. Advanced radiology e.g., bone densitometry and skeletal surveys
6. High-end infertility treatment procedures e.g. In-vitro fertilization
7. High-cost investigations and treatment for Hepatitis B & C e.g., Viral load, anti-viral drugs etc
8. Occupational/work-related injuries covered under Workmen’s Compensation act
9. All intervention in respect of attempted suicide, purposefully self-inflicted injuries, mental disturbance, or disorder as a result of alcohol & chemical substance abuse
10. Injuries sustained while participating in a riot, civil commotion, war invasion, act of a foreign enemy, or high-risk sports e.g. bike racing, boxing
11. Non-prescription drugs/food supplements
12. Services after the first 7 days of birth to a neonatal dependent not covered by family plan.
13. Services to a neonatal dependent who is covered by family plan but unregistered after 6 weeks of birth.
14. Some dental care: tooth whitening / bleaching, bridge, dentures, braces, crowns, orthodontics, and all other advanced dental treatments
15. Unauthorized overseas treatment.
NOTE MOST OF THE EXCLUSIONS ARE NOT JUST COVERED UNDER ALLEANZA HEALTH SCHEME, THEY ARE WORLDWIDE HMO EXCLUSIONS